The Linkwood distillery is located in Elgin, which is in the Speyside region of Scotland. It was founded by Peter Brown in 1821 but production didn’t start until 1825.
About Linkwood Distillery
The distillery is still active and is now owned by Diageo. The current capacity is 2,500,000 litres and its’ water source is from springs that are near the Millbuies Loch.
In 1872 Peter Browns son, William Brown, designed and started to build a new distillery in the exact same location as the previous one. It was completed in 1873. Between 1941 and 1945 the distillery had to close due to World War II barley shortages. In 1962 the distillery was refurbished and updated with the introduction of electricity to replace the water wheel and steam engine. The new stills were made identical to the ones they were replacing.
Linkwood Distillery Details
Scotland, United Kingdom
Number of Stills
3 wash, 3 spirit