The Caperdonich distillery was located in Rothes, the Speyside region of Scotland. It was founded by the Glen Grant founders, J & J Grant in 1898 and was initially known as Glen Grant No.2.
About Caperdonich Distillery
The distillery is no longer active after permanently closing in 2002 and demolished in 2011. The capacity was 2,000,000 litres at the point of closure and its’ water source was from the Caperdonich Burn.
Glen Grant No.2 was only open for four years when it closed in 1902 and remained dormant until 1965 until Glenlivet Distilleries Ltd. rebuilt it. Due to laws no longer allowing two distilleries to have the same name whilst both active, Glen Grant No.2 was renamed Caperdonich, after its water source. The whole distillery was ran by only two people due to the use of various technologies, but once bought by Pernod Ricard in 2001, it was closed a year later.
Caperdonich Distillery Details
Scotland, United Kingdom
Number of Stills