The Ben Nevis distillery is lucky enough to be located in an area that is steeped in history, and that area is Fort William. The Fort at Fort William was initially built in 1654 by Cromwell’s forces. The aim was to pacify local clans, particularly the Camerons. It started life as a wooden stockade on an earth bank which protected 250 troops and it became known as the Garrison of
The History In 1895 the Aultmore distillery was founded by Alexander Edward, one of the big distillery owners during the late 1800’s. He was the same man that also founded distilleries such as Benrinnes and Craigellachie. The Aultmore is beautifully isolated in a perfect location off an infamous route that runs from a fishing port to Keith. It had to close during World War I due to the rationing of
The History A license to brew at the Ben Nevis distillery was taken out in 1825 by ‘Long’ John Macdonald. His distillery was located near the base of Britain’s highest mountain and the outskirts of Fort William. His son, Peter Macdonald, was given control shortly after the license was issued and proceeded to build a reputable distillery. At the end of the 19th century when the popularity of blended Scotch
John Dewar & Sons launched a travel retail exclusive in Singapore back in 2015 as part of their Fine Whisky Emporium. Aultmore’s ‘Foggie Moss Speyside Single Malt’ was presented in a very unique way. Moss and humidified air to represent the fog were used in a display to highlight the characteristics of the distillery and to show that the water source for Aultmore produce is filtered through heather and gorse.
The History Auchroisk was built in 1972 making it a rather young distillery in comparison to many others around Scotland. In the middle of the moorland it sits within, the white modernist architecture of Auchroisk stands out and is easily noticed as a ‘new era’ distillery. The Auchroisk distillery was initially built by the parent firm of J&B, who wanted to add to their already impressive portfolio of Speyside distilleries
The History In 1898 Adam Teacher, the son of a blender called William Teacher, decided upon opening a malt whisky distillery. The location of the distillery is just outside the Kennethmont village in Aberdeenshire. At the time the land belonged to a friend of the Teacher family, Colonel Leith-Hay. The location was perfect as it had all the necessary products nearby. There was a water source, barely grew in the